HOBH 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Girls!!

5 posters

Go down

Welcome Girls!! Empty Welcome Girls!!

Post  Admin Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Hello everyone!! I am so sorry I have been missing in action. I'm not sure what happened with the old forum, but I decided to go ahead and set something else up for us for now until I can come up with a more permanent solution. I have been swamped lately and have been working 60 hours a week for most of the year... when I am not working I am at home paying as much attention to Bailey as I can so I have not been online much at all other than for the occasional pop-ins on Facebook. I know I have not done a great job with keeping in touch nor have I kept up with our other forum. I promise to keep in touch a lot better and actively participate on the forum and keep things moving. My hours have FINALLY been reduced to 40 hours per week as of last week so I now finally have some free time. I hope everyone is doing great and can't wait to hear from all of you!!! flower

Admin
Admin

https://hobh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome Girls!! Empty Re: Welcome Girls!!

Post  ava'smummy Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:41 am

wow amanda you have be en busy 60 hours aweek is crazy how do you do it .... dont be sorrry for not keeping in touch there is only so much time and working full time and having a todler does keep you on your toes ....
ava'smummy
ava'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post  shanna Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Well hello girls!! Long time... I am glad you have this up and running Amanda. A little update on me. Our nephews will be moving in this weekend. Unfrortunately, DH dad is doing really bad. His health has continued to drastically diminish over the past few weeks. The tumors are spreading rapidly and hospice has been called in. It's going to be a rough few weeks for us.
With all of that going on though, I am really excited to be having his nephews come and live with us and they are excited too. The oldest will be getting his permit in February. I jokingly said to Jason that we skipped right over the diapers and are into the driving! lol
We are done trying to conceive on our own. If it happens for us naturally than so be it and if not that is okay too. We were considering donor eggs there for a while but it is too costly for us right not and because of IC, I wouldn't be given a money back guarnatee. Financially right not it doesn't make sense to us to proceed.
I have recently changed my major to elementary education. I should have my associates by the end of next year and moving right along to my bachelors. I'm pretty excited about the change. I have always wanted to be a teacher or nurse. Went for the nursing because the money is better but honestly, I think I would feel more full filled teaching.
Well a little update for you gals! I look forward to reading more post about your little ones. I can't believe how big all of the babies are getting. I may be MIA for a while depending on what goes on in the next few days/weeks with DH dad.
Looking forward to gettin back in touch with everyone!!! Smile

Much love to all!!
Shanna

shanna

Back to top Go down

Post  ava'smummy Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:43 pm

hey shanna great to hear from you .... im sorry your FIL is still so sick i hope jason is coping ok ...
what wonderful news that your nephews are moving in im so happy for you and them finally they can have some normallity in there life .. make sure you word us girls up on what its like bringing up teenagers.. lol! .. i think id be scared when ava gets her licence im glad i have 16 more years to get use to it ..
as for the TTC shana you will probably find it will happen on its own now you have so much other stuff to think about . with school and your FIL and nephews you seem to have a lot on your plate right now ...sending hugs to you hope that everything goes ok for you
take care and chat soon xxxx
ava'smummy
ava'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:46 am

Shanna- I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. How exciting to have his nephews come live with you. I think it will be great for them and you guys will enjoy it as well. My niece is having some problems and I would love to be able to take her in... but Kyle's mom is now living with us because she can't take care of herself and is irresponsible (that's the short version of the story) Rolling Eyes .

Bec- Ava is getting so big and she is a doll. She is a true miracle!!! Any time frame for baby #2 yet? I would love to have another baby; but my body is not cooperating with me at all... so Bailey might be our only child.... well and Kyle's mother, lol.

I am going to keep this short for now because i haven't been feeling that great. I was recently diagnosed with asthma and we are still trying to get it under control... today was a bad breathing day.

It's so great to get back in touch with everyone. I have missed you girls. Oh, also, I called Danah on my lunch today and she said there was a server change through the company that hosts the hobh domain... she is going to look into what happened with the other board and see if we can get it back up and running.

Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  ava'smummy Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:15 am

Amanda we are looking into baby number 2 soon i still have to have my TAC placed there is no doctor qualifyed enough in aAustralia to have it done post pregnancy so i have to have done pre pregnancy which i prefer anyway .... i would like to lose more weigh beofe i try again and ava has to havee heart surgery in the new year so not untill all that is over then ill go to the doc and get it all sorted ...

sounds like your hands are full aswell with your MIL how do you cope? i hope she is behaving herself for you and giving you to much greif xxx
ava'smummy
ava'smummy

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

I can understand waiting until after Ava's surgery and wanting to lose more weight. I am having a terrible struggle with weight... I just keep gaining weight. I am considering weight loss surgery once I get my asthma under control. I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia... at first they thought i had Lupus, but I guess my tests came back normal so he's thinking it's only the fibro now. Having extra weight just makes all of my health issues worse... plus I don't feel like I can play with Bailey as well as I should be able to. It's hard just to get on the floor to play. I don't want my weight hindering what I am able to do with my daughter. I guess my insurance will cover the surgery... I just have to talk myself into it now... scared of the idea of surgery, but also kind of excited about the idea to give myself a boost.

Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Oh yeah.... and my mother in law living here is a dream.... No She drives me completely insane. I know we are doing right by helping her... she has no one else to help her out... but she's also crazy. She hasn't been being mean to me like she used to because now she gets it... that we are the only people she has so she needs to treat us better. She tries to butt in alot with Bailey sometimes and I firmly have to tell her to stay out of it. Bailey loves having grandma upstairs so in that sense... it's good. She comes down sometimes and plays with Bailey, etc. which is nice. I guess it's bitter sweet. The frustrating part is she doesn't try to take care of herself at all and I suspect she must want to die. She had blood clots in her leg several weeks ago and refused to stay in the hospital for observation... when she came back she was outside every 5 seconds smoking... she probably smokes 2 packs a day. She also refuses to eat most of the time and she went from about 190 lbs to 115 lbs in about 8 or 9 months. I get frustrated because it's hard to help someone when they won't help themselves. Oh well, that's my mother in law rant for now. More to come Smile, lol.

Amanda

Back to top Go down

Post  samocop Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:27 am

OUR OLD FORUM IS WORKING!!!!!!!!

I was just there and uploaed a couple new pictures.
[b] It will be so good to reconnect with everyone. I am so sorry to hear about your FIL Shanna. We are waitng for the call any day for mine also. Very sad. I can't wait to see all the pictures of the babies and Shanna that is awsome you are almost done with your associates. my summer has literally sucked ass, in the worst way. But I am too tired to get into it now, and will probably post all about it tomorrow I guess on our old board. I don't know, where should we post now? :-) Question
samocop
samocop

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down